Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to landscape a new house?

rajag
Just Starting Out

How to landscape a new house?

Hello All,

I am constructing my house and is due for handover in next couple of months. I figured, I will put in some time to contact the Landscaping contractors for quotes, and it is expensive. 

I am interested in doing a DIY for this - since i dont know where to start i thought I seek some advice from the Guru's.

My Backyard size - 5m X 10m

Front Yard - 3.5m x 6m

I want to do is artificial grass for the backyard and normal turf for the front yard.

what are the things i need to know before I start a project like this, how much time, effort and cost it will take ?

Thanks,

Raja

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to landscape a new house?

Hello @rajag 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about landscaping your new home.

What a fantastic opportunity! There are a great number of ways to design and build your landscaping project. Is there a reason you prefer artificial grass for your backyard? Do you have young children or an enthusiastic pet that likes to dig?

In order to give our members a better idea of your front and backyard would it be possible for you to post a few photos of the area? This will allow our members to assess its surroundings. We can then offer recommendations on how to proceed.

While we wait for your photos here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular garden makeovers

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to landscape a new house?

Hi Raja (@rajag)

Congratulations on your new home. Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration from our members.  

I would recommend you start with our guide How to plan a garden makeover. It will help you get your head around the requirements of a large project. Once you've got a clearer idea of your goals and can share some plans and photos of the space, it will really help our members to provide more specific and helpful advice. 

We are looking forward to assisting you with the project and seeing how you can put your stamp on your new home. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects