Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make dead lawn patch green?

rohit21
Getting Established

How to make dead lawn patch green?

20220628_123113.jpg

 How to make dead patch green again in our backyard?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to make dead lawn patch green?

Hello @rohit21

Thank you for sharing your question about treating a dead patch on your lawn. Did something happen to this particular area of the lawn? Were chemicals spilled on it? Was it covered by a piece of wood making it turn brown or did it just happen all by itself? I suggest having a look at this guide - How to repair a lawn by @Adam_W. In the guide, you'll see the basic things you'll need to do in order to repair the damaged area of your lawn.

Another method is to aerate the soil with a tool and re-seed the area with Garden Basics 1kg Lawn Repair Lawn Seed And Fertiliser or similar. It will take longer, but the regrowth should blend in nicely with your existing grass.

Let me call on our experienced members @Adam_W and @Noelle for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
rohit21
Getting Established

Re: How to make dead lawn patch green?

Thanks @EricL for recommendations.

I brought lawn mover recently and tested first time near section of lawn. It may created dead patch after one week due to extra sunlight exposure.

I will follow steps on weekends and let you know for further help.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects