Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove ants from a lawn?

vernon
Just Starting Out

How to remove ants from a lawn?

Good day Guy,

I have Ants on my grass and would like to know what I can use for that without killing the grass..??

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ants

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @vernon. It's fabulous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing ants from your lawn.

Most ant sand insecticides won't hurt your lawn. If you can find the ant nest, then placing some Yates 10g Home Pest Ant & Nest Killer Gel Bait right at the entrance is an effective way of solving the issue. The ants take the gel back to the nest, killing the ants and their queen and effectively destroying the colony.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
BradN
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to remove ants from a lawn?

Hi Vernon, and welcome to Workshop. Are the ants causing you any problems? All gardens have ants, and they play important roles in the ecosystem.

You can think of them as your garbage clean-up crew - they remove dead insects, worms and other animals. They also provide food for birds, reptiles and other animals and help to keep the local food chain healthy. 

If the ants aren't causing you any real problems, such as invading your house, and they're not an invasive species such as the red imported fire ant, I would leave them alone. They're just part of nature. 

Cheers,

Brad 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects