Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove urine smell from artificial grass?

Narla
Building a Reputation

How to remove urine smell from artificial grass?

Hi all. I see there are a few options at Bunnings to help eliminate dog pee smell from fake grass. Before I purchase one I’m wondering if the cleaner I bought for indoor puppy accidents (Peerless JAL 1L Attack An Odour Indoor) could be used? The instructions state it is for indoor only however thought it was worth asking in case someone has tried it:) Thanks very much

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Removing urine smell from artificial grass

Hi @Narla,

You can certainly give that product a go as it's very effective for indoor odours and I would have thought it would work quite well on your artificial grass. I've spoken the the manufacturer and there are no issues using it outdoors, it's just that the market for this product predominantly uses it for indoor purposes, like in a hospital environment. 

I recommend doing a small test section in an inconspicuous area to ensure the product does not effect the grass in any way. You'll have to let us know how you go!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Paulee
Just Starting Out

Re: How to remove urine smell from artificial grass?

I have been using a product called P-OFF for the last 3 years on my dogs outside toilet (Artificial grass). It works great. You just spray it on, leave for a few minutes and hose down. No smell or stains. It comes in a concentrated form and you do need to dilute it. After 3 years, I still have half the original concentrate. It was not cheap but as it lasts so long, it is actually very economical

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Paulee 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us.

Thank you for sharing your experience with deodorizing artificial grass. I'm sure our members will find this information quite handy.

Were keen to hear more about all your projects and plans around the house and garden. Please feel free to reach out whenever you need assistance or would like to share a project with the community.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Narla 

Just to add to the suggestions made, I recommend using Tuff Turf 500ml Synthetic Grass Deodoriser. It's a ready to use spray on solution for removing and breaking down urine odours from synthetic grasses. The completely natural formula attacks the acidic components of pet urine and removes unwanted odours, without providing additional harmful wastes to the environment.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects