Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repot a dwarf lemon?

Thierry
Building a Reputation

How to repot a dwarf lemon?

Hi Team

I have a lemon dwarf that I planted on soil 4 years ago (north side). The soil is bit hard and I mixed some composts to it at that time. Unfortunately, the no fruit has been produced.

See photo.

IMG20230423171149.jpg

Currently, I am thinking about repotting the plant behind the house (south side) next to deck.

Is any of the  pot suitable, i have 2 ; grey one is 460mm width , black on is 360mm width. 

IMG20230423172045.jpg

 

IMG20230423172653.jpg

How much potting mix and compost required? Do i just mix them? What else do I need to add in the pot?

Thanks

Thierry

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repot a dwarf lemon?

Hi @Thierry 

It looks like your lemon tree has leaf curl and could possibly be infested. It is possible to replant your lemon tree, but I suggest nursing it back to full health before doing so. Transplanting it in its current state might be too much stress for the plant.

I recommend using Yates 750ml Ready To Use Nature's Way Citrus And Ornamental Spray. It contains pyrethrin, a natural insecticide derived from the pyrethrum daisy and canola oil to control a wide range of both chewing and sucking insect pests, with the bonus of added seaweed to boost plant growth.

I also suggest aerating the soil around the base of the plant to allow any trapped moisture in the soil to evaporate. I recommend using Yates 500mL Thrive Citrus Liquid Plant Food to provide further nutrition to your tree. 

Here are some handy guides and discussions that will help:

Let me call on our experienced members @Noelle and @Adam_W for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects