Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to revive my lawn?

Sajjad
Growing in Experience

How to revive my lawn?

Hi, 

I get a lot of weed in my backyard lawn and my lawn is not soft as it should be. I have used a weed spray before but it only helped for a month or so then weed came back again. 

Need suggestions to revive it to lush green and soft with no weeds. 

20220823_084821.jpg

20220823_084808.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to revive my lawn?

Hi @Sajjad,

When you spray weed killer, you're only killing the visible annual weeds, not the seeds that haven't germinated. In order to cut down the number of weeds in your lawn, you need to continue spraying when new weeds emerge. After some time, fewer weeds will emerge. You might like to combine your weed control with fertilising, and products like Scotts Lawn Builder 2.8L Buffalo Weed Feed And Green Up Liquid Lawn Fertiliser are perfect. The fertiliser portion will green up your lawn and encourage new growth, whilst the weeding element keeps those pesky weeds at bay. 

Your lawn is quite straw-like and rough as it's just over-wintered. Since grass doesn't typically grow during winter, little new growth is present. This new growth is what will be soft. Once you've applied the weed and feed and the warmer weather starts, you'll see a marked improvement.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Sajjad
Growing in Experience

Hi Mitchell,

Appreciate your response. I will use this product and will share the progress. 

Thank You

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Sajjad

Just to add to the suggestions made, I also recommend manually removing the big weeds with Trojan Stainless Steel Hand Weeder. Removing the weeds by the roots means one less weed you'll have to worry about when spring is in full swing.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Sajjad
Growing in Experience

Thanks for recommending this product Eric. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects