Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to revive this tree?

Trever
Growing in Experience

How to revive this tree?

Plant.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to keep this plant back on track?

Hi @Trever,

If you were able to provide some details on the situation surrounding this plant, our members would be much better placed to offer helpful assistance.  You might like to start with when was the last time it showed signs of life. With no other information to go off, I could only presume that this plant is void of life. Is it supple at all if you break a branch off, or are there any signs of green? If the branches snap off with little resistance and seem brittle with no signs of a green cambium layer, then unfortunately, the plant is beyond saving. As a last-ditch effort, you could prune the dead branches off and apply some Seasol, then water the plant twice a week. If there is any stored energy in the trunk, then that might induce a bud spurt.

Let me mention one of our gardening experts @Noelle to see if she has any thoughts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @Trever 

Any tree completely devoid of leaves at this time of the year is in a bad way!  Try the tests for life Mitchell has mentioned and if there is any life in it, watering and a plant tonic (no fertiliser at this stage) may assist in reviving it.  In my opinion, I think it is probably beyond saving but without more information, it is hard to tell just from a photo.

Trever
Growing in Experience

IMG_0173.png

@MitchellMc @Noelle Here are the images of the surronding plants.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I apologise @Trever. I was interested in knowing the circumstances surrounding the plant's demise. How long has it looked like this without leaves?

Mitchell

Trever
Growing in Experience

The plant had no leaves for around 4 months.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Thanks, @Trever. Unfortunately, it sounds like your plant is past saving, and if it has had no leaves for four months then I think it's safe to assume that it has perished.

Sorry to be the bearing of bad news.

Mitchell

Trever
Growing in Experience

@MitchellMc @Noelle Thank you so much and causing such a huge trouble.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Trever 

It's no trouble at all, we're here to help. Once you've decided on what tree to replace it with, make sure to let us know. We'll be more than happy to provide you with advice and information.

We look forward to your next update.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects