Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to save this dying Peace Lily plant?

reneegung
Just Starting Out

How to save this dying Peace Lily plant?

This plant is nearly dead, please tell me how to save it. 

IMG_3994.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how do I save this plant.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @reneegung. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about saving a dying plant.

You might like to read through this helpful guide we've put together: How to diagnose a sick plant

For us to be able to assist you with a diagnosis, it would be extremely helpful if you could provide details surrounding its care. How much sunlight does it receive, and is this direct or indirect light? How often do you water, and do you allow the soil to dry out in between? Have you fertilised lately?

Once we know some more about how you take care of the plant, we might be able to put our finger on the exact issue.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Good morning @reneegung . Sending you a warm welcome to the Community Workshop 🌿🌿🙂 this is something I see a lot with Peace Lily’s. Very common, normally overwatering OR not enough water. Can I please ask you, are the leaves dry and crispy ? That’s from drying out. Or are they soft and rotting, that’s a sign of too much water.
Also if you have it right next to a window, the sunlight coming through will magnify through the glass and burn it.
Over fertilising can be an issue too. Peace lily is a very resilient indoor plant and will normally bounce back. I don’t want to overload you with too much information but I hope this helps. Please keep in touch, I will tag the wonderful @Noelle and see what she thinks 😊

Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @reneegung 

Oh dear!  Start by snipping off the blackened leaves, even removing the entire section if the left-hand side shoot looks to be on its way out.  The potting mix looks quite moist - allow it to drain freely after watering (ie take the pot out of the saucer when watering and don't replace it until it has finished draining). Don't water again until the top 5cm or so of mix feels dry when you stock your index finger in to the first knuckle.

@mich1972 's advice is right on the money too!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects