Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to set up Ozito constant pressure pump?

John1934
Just Starting Out

How to set up Ozito constant pressure pump?

how to setup new Ozito constant pressure pump

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: how to set up Ozito constant pressure pump

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @John1934. We trust you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our wonderful members. 

As mentioned in the product video below, the Ozito 800W Constant Pressure Pump comes with installation instructions and the pressure head is already assembled so it's very easy to get going. Was there anything specific we can help you with? If you could please let us know what you are having trouble with, we'd be more than happy to assist.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
zubaidh
Just Starting Out

Re: How to set up Ozito constant pressure pump?

I bought a pump and pu.p controller separately. The controller has a male and a female plug. Does the pump male plug go into the controller female plug? Or should they be powered separately?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to set up Ozito constant pressure pump?

Hello @zubaidh,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us.

Here is the link to the Ozito Pressure Switch Installation. If you look at the third page of the instructions, it says to connect the pump power cord plug to the pressure switch female socket. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

buraa014
Just Starting Out

Hi, I have one of these set up, but want to restrict the flow to so it doesn't shoot out so fast. What's the best way to do this?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @buraa014,

Welcome to the community. We look forward to reading about your projects and plans for all around the house and garden.

Let me tag one of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts in @EricL to assist you as soon as possible.

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @buraa014 

My apologies for the late reply. Yes, it is possible to install a pressure reducing valve on your plumbing set-up but not right next to the pump. Can you please tell us what are you using the pump for? Is it directly connected to your garden hose? Is it part of an irrigation system or are you using it for pumping water into the house? 

A quick solution to the garden hose issue is to use a garden hose gun with a pressure adjustment switch function. This has a built-in regulator that you can dial down to reduce the amount of pressure coming out of the garden hose gun.

In regards to the other plumbing set-up, we'll need more information so that we can give you proper recommendations. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

buraa014
Just Starting Out

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using the pump to pull water out of an above ground pool via a 25mm hose  and push it through 200m of 19mm black hose in a solar pool heater. 

It returns water into the pool unrestricted out the end of the 19mm hose.

So you're saying I could restrict flow at the end of the black hose?

Cheers

Aaron

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @buraa014 

Thanks for that extra piece of information. Now that you've told me about the size of the pipe is it a heavy-duty thick pipe? Does it have pipe joints on it? If the pipe is too soft, I'm afraid that it won't be possible to put a pressure reducer at the end of it. The increase in pressure might burst the pipe or the joints start to leak.

Pressure reducers are often applied to large diameter pipe work or copper pipes which can take the pressure generated inside of it. If the pipe is weak and the joints are not strong odds are it will leak or burst.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects