Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop water stagnation in the backyard?

diana_fernandes
Just Starting Out

How to stop water stagnation in the backyard?

hi all,

so i have lots of water stagnating in my backyard and its happening a lot this year. we tried to dig up a bit of the gravel on the sides but still no use. Now we can see that even our neighbours water is seeping into our backyard. What do i do?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to stop water stagnation in the Backyard?

Welcome to the Workshop community @diana_fernandes. Many thanks for your question, I'll be happy to start the discussion.

It would be helpful to hear what type of soil is in the backyard, does it have a clay layer at a certain depth? It sounds like there is a need for drainage to be installed at key locations to transfer this water in drains. You would need to dig down trenches into the ground and lay Vinidex 65mm x 20m Slotted Draincoil plumbed to stormwater and covered with Ki-carma 20kg 10-20mm Drainage Gravel.

You might also wish to lay some drainage channel to capture any water running across the surface from the neighbouring property.

If you need further assistance with these products or had other questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects