Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to temporarily cover backyard soil?

akuswara
Just Starting Out

How to temporarily cover backyard soil?

image_soil.jpg

What's the best solution to temporarily cover backyard soil? It's a rental property, but I don't want messy soil, especially when raining. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to temporarily cover backyard soil?

Hello @akuswara

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about temporarily covering the soil in your backyard.

If you are after something to step on but don't want to spend a great deal, I suggest using Brighton Masonry 200 x 200 x 50mm Cream Mypave Paver. You can line it up side-by-side and create a paved walkway so that you will not have to stand in the mud. The best part is that when you decide to move to another house, you can take the pavers with you and line them up again.

I've placed an image below to give you an idea of how you can line them up. Since it is a temporary installation you just need to make sure that the soil is totally flat and that there are no rocks underneath so that they will lie flat on the ground.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I'd outline the problem to the landlord. Your successor will likely have the same complaint. Check with the landlord if they are willing to pay for the job, and if not, maybe just for the materials. That way you don't have to remove the pavers when you move out.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @TheHandySqirrel

Thank you for that excellent suggestion, let me tag @akuswara to make them aware of your recommendation. There is always the possibility that the landlord will agree to the paved footpath. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects