Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to train Star Jasmine?

BoeingFan
Becoming a Leader

How to train Star Jasmine?

Hi Folks,

Question if I may, please? I purchased a star jasmine to cover a mesh fence. The fence is on a gentle incline, or decline, depending on where you're standing. I've planted the jasmine next to the fence, so do I train it horizontally along the bottom of the fence so that it will send out vertical shoots up the fence, or do I train vertically initially, and hope that it sends out horizontal shoots for the full depth of the fence?

Thanks

Jasmine.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Star Jasmine

Hi @BoeingFan,

Star jasmine throws out a prolific amount of shoots that are incredibly tenacious. I don't think you'll have an issue training it in either direction. It will want to grow up more than out, so I suspect you'd have the most success if you send it sideways first. Or, on a diagonal to the top left corner would also work well.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Star Jasmine

Thanks so much @MitchellMc I really appreciate your insight and help. Horizontal it is. I've got a 40m long front fence so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Cheers,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects