Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to treat lemon and orange tree borers?

bruno57
Finding My Feet

How to treat lemon and orange tree borers?

Hi, I have borers in my lemon and orange trees , have treated with no borers spray and sealed quite a fes holes in the tree, the lemons and oranges have reduced in size very small, Generally I see the same borers on the patio area near the concrete area, is there anything I can spray the whole garden area which is quite large with a borer spray thanks   

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Lemon and orange tree borers

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bruno57. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about controlling borers.

You can spray hard surfaces with Hovex 2L Termite Defender to help control wood borer. However, for your plants, I'd stick with products designed for that purpose. 

You might like to have a read through these previous discussions as there is some great advice within them:

When you say that you see borers on the patio area, is this in timber work? If so, you might like to have a professional come in and spray the entire property.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so much, well after we do the lawn mowing we keep looking and sometimes see these borers near the trees , in the garden lawn crawling , can we get a company and spray the whole lawn , the adjacent patio and concrete area, hope this will help as we have a whole lot of other fruit trees, like Pears, Plums, Feijoa, lime, and guava they are all good now just worried the borers will not attack those and we need to do something now. thanks you once again 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Could you post a picture of one of these borers you see after mowing @bruno57? I'm not entirely convinced they are the same as what is affecting your trees. If they are the wood borers on the ground, it sounds like an incredible infestation, and I'd certainly recommend you seek professional assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects