Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to turn your bathtub into a jungle

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

How to turn your bathtub into a jungle

So we NEVER use the bathtub and we have this large window with heaps of light coming in............. Well there is one way to enjoy the tub........... 

I just used some Pine from Bunnings cut to shape as the shelves, you can use what ever you want. 

I picked up an old crappy stand  from the Tip. I bought some black spray paint, black plastic saucer and black pebbles from Bunnings. 

F5A920F0-8678-4216-87B7-C490C5B4A5A5.jpeg

12894F71-F46A-46B3-AC4E-A1A7341254E9.jpeg

 I just placed a curtain rod in the tub for the Devils Ivy to climb on. 

A9C32B66-C448-4C61-8660-4C6CFEF51798.jpeg

 On the window sill is a couple of water propagation vases and a couple of small pots. 

33129D5C-222F-4709-A778-FED359D21BA6.jpeg

 Cut the timber to shape to fit on the bathtub for your shelves. I just made 4 shelves. You could cover the whole bathtub if you wanted too. 

F6AA99B0-1CAD-4293-955D-F943F5E265CD.jpeg

 I just spray painted the old stand black, gave it two coats. 
Once dried I brought it inside , giving lots of height for the Devil’s Ivy to climb up and also trail down. 

I placed a large black plastic saucer onto the stand. Put in the black pebbles, the pebbles are there to stop the pot plants sitting in water if accidentally over watered. It allows the bottom of the pots to breathe. I have used a couple of terracotta pots and a couple of black plastic pots. 

It is really lovely to go in the bathroom with a living jungle 🌿💚

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to turn your bathtub into a Jungle

Ironically, I reckon you've now made even more reason to have a relaxing bath - the surrounds are wonderful @mich1972. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to turn your bathtub into a Jungle

@Jason @Yes you could easily tweak it to work like that 🤣🤣🌿

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects