Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Indoor plant market growth?

Goldsmith
Just Starting Out

Indoor plant market growth?

Hello Bunning's family, 
I'm we've all noticed the growth of Bunning's indoor plant section - there are more plants than paint colours!
I wondered if they (Westfarmers), have any figures on the market growth of indoor plants.

- How many people own indoor plants now? 
- What is the average amount of plants a plant parent would own? 

- Common issues people have when owning plants

etc. 

As Bunnings would get so much data in Australia about market trends, I think it's only fair they share this information with the adoring plant community x 

Thank you kindly, 
Emily 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Indoor plant market growth?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Emily (@Goldsmith). It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your questions. 

Whilst unfortunately I can't share data about how many people own plants and the average amount of plants owned, I can confirm indoor plants are a popular topic within our Workshop community.

I trust you'll find these Best Advice articles on What indoor plants are easy to grow and How do you care for indoor plants of interest. I also found this article on Top 12 air-purifying plants and how to grow them very informative and have been actively trying to increase the number of plants kept in my home.

One of the common issues I see come up quite often is how to deal with fungus gnats. They're those little flying bugs that can be quite a pain to get rid of. They lay their eggs in organic-based potting mixes and seem to appear out of nowhere. I've been recommending a combination of Scotts Osmocote Indoor Plant Premium Potting Mix, which is less prone to infestation, and Gnat Barrier. This seems to work quite well.

I'm keen to hear all about your experiences with growing indoor plants. Please reach out anytime you need assistance or have something to share. 

Thanks,

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects