Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Installing a Kinetic 15mm garden post with tap

w1soon
Just Starting Out

Installing a Kinetic 15mm garden post with tap

Hi there

I have purchased 2 of the Kinetic 15 mm garden post with tap and having difficulty installing them to the existing taps. Please provide instructions on how to stall them. Do I need a plumber for this job or a handyman is able to do this job. Thank you.

Regards

Wai

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Installing a Kinetic 15mm garden post with tap

Welcome to the Workshop community @w1soon. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

The Kinetic 15mm Cream Garden Post With Tap is a standalone post and tap that gets connected to your mains water supply. To connect them to your mains water supply, you would need a plumber. The post needs to be concreted into the ground with Australian Builders 20kg Concrete Mix. A footer size of 350 x 350 x 400mm would be sufficient.

Did you already have water supplied to this area? If so, you might like to upload an image of the pipe/connector so we can see what you are working with.

If you have any specific question on installation, please feel free to let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

34844A47-D6AD-4DC0-94BA-8E41EA0BDA37.jpeg

Hi Mitchell

this is what I’ve got now and wanting to replace the timber piece with the garden post. Do I still need a plumber for it?

Thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@w1soon,

Those water pipes are considered mains plumbing and not a D.I.Y. job. As a D.I.Y.er you are limited to replacing washers and aesthetical hardware like showerheads. The water needs to be disconnected to install the new upright post, and the garden border removed. You'd then dig out the old post and footer. Once it is removed, the new upright post can be installed and the water re-connected.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects