Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is this Buxus Blight?

Aris
Finding My Feet

Is this Buxus Blight?

Please let me know of this is Buxus Blight.

A40A4844-FE38-4842-A889-B42F2070EB55.jpeg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Is this Buxus Blight?

Hi @Aris,

First, let me welcome you to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is awesome you have decided to join us and ask about your Buxus. Our Workshop DIY expert @EricL will be online later this afternoon so in the meantime let me tag our experienced garden members @Noelle@mich1972, and @LisasGarden to check if they have any thoughts.   

Please keep us updated with the status of your lovely front garden. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Aris

Welcome to the Workshop Community 😄 That definitely looks like a fungal blight ! At this stage it’s not really treatable and they need to be removed. Don’t plant any more Buxus in the same area .

Hi mich1972,

Sad thing is I have lots of Buxus from cuttings and most of them are mature plants now.1ED35E4E-ED5C-4E73-9BEA-7109BCBDB98D.jpeg36F3F715-F1D7-4EF2-A200-159D8535706F.jpeg8953B455-FFD0-46BB-A497-063F9C81C51D.jpeg

Aris
Finding My Feet

How do I stop the Blight from infecting the other Buxus?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Aris

I'm sorry to hear that you have this type of fungal infestation. I'm afraid all you can do at this point is to do preventative measures by spraying your healthy plants with  Yates 200ml Liquid Copper Fungicide. Please make sure to spray the bottom of your plants as well. All the infected leaves and branches must be removed and put into the bin, please do not mix them in with your compost to prevent them from spreading in your garden. 

My only other reminder is to sterilize all your garden tools with Diggers 500ml Isopropyl Alcohol Cleaner. You can accidentally spread the fungus by using infected tools.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects