Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Landscaping ideas for a small strip

notshyofeffort
Cultivating a Following

Landscaping ideas for a small strip

Hi friends 

HNY and thanks for help on previous posts.

I am looking at doing something with the small strip in the picture. I have tried growing grass twice but it is always patchy. This strip is part shade / sun. Earlier we had unusable garage roof (upper section) now we have put synthetic surface and that area is fantastic to sit , so we hardly use the lower section to sit.

DSC_0044.JPGInkedDSC_0043_LI.jpgDSC_0376.JPG 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Landscaping ideas for a small strip

It sounds like you might have more success growing a ground cover that isn't grass @notshyofeffort.

Check out this discussion as there is a detailed response from @dirtygardener about what's worked well for them. You also might like to read through Bluestone rounds to replace lawn by @Kate23. It shows how they transformed almost the exact same area as yours by using Dichondra around their pavers.

We have quite a few other ground covers that you could also consider. Be sure to have a look at this guide to 10 great alternatives to a grass lawn for different ideas for the space. How to plan a garden makeover and How to give your garden a makeover, and Ideas to revamp your side yard are also fabulous resources worth reading through.

I'll be keen to see what you can do with this area. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @notshyofeffort 

I think this is an excellent opportunity for you to give the area a new look. I've placed a suggestion below for you to have a look at. If you wish to see it in another configuration, please let us know.

Eric

notshyof garden ideas1.jpgnotshyof garden ideas3.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
notshyofeffort
Cultivating a Following

Thanks @EricL this is a great idea.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects