Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Monstera Obliqua - is it a bug?

emma_vs
Just Starting Out

Monstera Obliqua - is it a bug?

I was hoping someone with a greener thumb might be able to help with the Monstera Obliqua that is getting a little sad. We have noticed some white areas and deterioration of leaves.... HELP!

C39D21C2-02F1-4C12-9416-BEF6DB445C02.jpeg

31E76AE9-71F9-4DCC-9A6A-226936040E20.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Monstera Obliqua - is it a bug?

A very warm welcome to Workshop @emma_vs. We're rapt to have you join us and look forward to reading all about your projects and plans for the house and garden.

Sorry to see your Monstera is looking poorly! But I'm sure our super-knowledgeable community members like @Noelle and @CathM will be able to make some helpful suggestions about bringing it back to full health. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Looks like mealybugs to me @emma_vs but I'm not the gardening expert. If it is, I know Confidor is a good product to get rid of them.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Definitely mealy bugs. Mix up some dishwashing detergent and water into a spray bottle and give it a spray twice a week. Good luck

Great to have you join in the discussion and share your experience @Kellylouise. I'm sure @emma_vs really appreciates it!

A very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We trust you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for your own projects around the house and garden from our clever and creative members. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand, have some advice to share, or have a new project to show other members. We have loads of members sharing helpful advice and inspiration every day. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Kelly!! I’ll give it a go this week and see how it progresses 

Adam_W
Workshop Legend

Certainly looks like mealy-bug.
Confidor & related insecticides are now on the no-no list due to their impact on things like bees (not an issue indoors I know but...)
Diluted detergent may help but definitely effective will be a thorough soaking with one of the oils like eco-oil.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects