Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need help with garden pop-up sprinkler positions

alisalman
Just Starting Out

Need help with garden pop-up sprinkler positions

Hi everyone; hope you all are doing well.

I am planning to do a DIY Lawn Irrigation Project for my front, side and back yard. I am planning to use Pope Pop Up Sprinkler system for the lawn. (Open for any other suggestion)

As per the instruction I have to equally space out the sprinklers according to the sprinkler radius and the sprinkler installation should be head to head. Not sure if head to head sprinkler installation is required for a smaller area width (2.4 Meters).

Just wondering if I should get 1/4 Circle Sprinkler on the edges of the Zone 1 or I should add some half Circle Sprinklers. If both now sure how many sprinklers would be enough?

I have attached pictures for reference as well. I am bit confused about the positioning pop up sprinklers. Any help would be much appreciated.

Side Lawn: LPM: 32 liters per minute (Tap 1 on wall)

I have divided side lawn into 2 zones.

Zone 1 is 2.4 meter wide and 12.3 meter long then there is a sand pit (2.9M * 3.1M - no sprinklers there). 

Zone 2: 9.3 Meter Width, 2.4M Length

Back Lawn:

I have a fire pit - 4.1 M width, 3.8M Length - Not Sure how to irrigate this with sprinklers.

Zone 3: (Flow Rate: 32 Liter / minute)

10 M Width, 3.8 M Length

Small Grass Bed on the other side of House: 0.97 M With, 2.6 M Length

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-18 at 22.40.35.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-01-18 at 22.41.43.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-01-18 at 23.01.52.jpeg

jaiprak
Having an Impact

Re: Help with Garden Pop Up Sprinkler Position

I feel like the flow rate in GR tap can cater to only 4-5 sprinklers. Pls match that first with the rating on sprinkler to the water flow - 20% (for loss).

use quarter and half circle instead of variable 360. It works better in pressure than variable ones.

since your width is only 5m max the pop up on either sides will cover the entire area

here is a handy guide from Pope

https://www.gardeningwithpope.com.au/project/pop-up-irrigation/

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need help with garden pop-up sprinkler positions

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @alisalman. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about sprinkler positioning.

It's sounds like you've already read through Pope's lawn pop-up installation guide and have a good grasp on the subject. As per the diagram below, head-to-head sprinklers are required for all sizes of lawns to ensure overlap and total coverage. It sounds like you'll need 1/4 circle in the corners and then 1/2 down either side.

The firepit area will have a 1/4 circle in the corners, a 1/2 circle on each side and a full circle in the middle.

As you can see below in the image, it's not enough to have the area totally covered by the sprays, it's recommended that all areas need to be doubled up head-to-head. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects