Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor hydroponic garden

pLethora
Growing in Experience

Outdoor hydroponic garden

20220728_183501.jpg

I rebuilt my hydroponic garden using a VegaTrug Growing Kit due to it braking from wind damage previously. Luckily enough it fit my whole existing pipe layout so I could just re use most of it without to much alteration.

The VegaTrug raised garden is super sturdy and perfect as it comes with its own greenhouse cover. 

I also added a light I found from an old indoor kitchen grow garden for the days that are not so sunny and to extend the daylight hours over winter to help with growth.

All parts except for the light came from bunnings.

20220728_183538.jpg

20220728_183554.jpg

The next picture is of the old setup just to show what results I achieved and just with natural sun. Snow peas, lettuce, various herbs and even strawberries.

20200608_143417.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Outdoor hydroponic garden

Hello @pLethora

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your rebuilt hydroponic garden.

I love that the VegTrug 1.2m Growing Kit not only holds the hydroponic setup but provides a safety cover against insects and the weather. Would it be possible for you to please give us a quick explanation of how your hydroponic setup works? I'm sure our members would be keen to know the details of its operation.

Any other information you can share about your hydroponic garden would be highly appreciated.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects