Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ozito Cordless Weedeater

Carold
Getting Established

Ozito Cordless Weedeater

My ozito cordless weed eater just stopped for no reason now does not work. No idea why. 

Also I’ve had it less that two years but didn’t keep receipt. Would still be under warranty. 

Not sure if I could get replacement without receipt? 

Otherwise a great light machine. From a 70 year old Nan who can’t use heavy machines. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ozito Cordless Weedeater

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Carold. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about replacement warranties.

We'd need to assist you in finding your proof of purchase to exchange the machine under warranty. Would you have paid for it by card? If so, it would be best to review your transaction statements to see if you can come across the purchase date. With the purchase date and card details, the store of purchase can reprint your receipt for you.

If you can't find those details, I'd still encourage you to take the tool and speak to a helpful team member at your local Bunnings store. Even if they cannot swap it under warranty, they'll be able to help you select a new unit and ensure that we send you a digital copy of your new receipt so you can easily keep it on record for future use.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Carold
Getting Established

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I have the transaction on my bank statement - it was made by card.

I’ll bring the machine in for someone to look at and go from there.

Appreciate your reply. 

Carold
Getting Established

The shop I purchased it from has now relocated to another town.

can I take it to another place closer to me? 
cheers 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Carold,

Can you please let me know the closest store to your location and I'll make contact with them to ensure it's a smooth process before you head in.

Mitchell

Carold
Getting Established

Hi I purchased from Bunnings Kaikohe - thry have since relocated to Waipapa.

my next closest is Whangarei 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Carold,

That won't be an issue. I've contacted Bunnings Waipapa and they'll be able to reprint your proof of purchase there and assist you with the warranty swap over.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

Carold
Getting Established

Thank you for your efforts but Whangarei is closest to me Waipapa is double the distance. If that could be arranged with Whangarei. 
That would  be brilliant.

I made the purchase on 23 March 2022 or thereabouts. 
Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Sorry, @Carold, when you said the next closest is Whangarei, I presumed Waipapa was the closest.

It will take a bit of shuffling of your receipt, but I can get that sorted for you. I'll get Bunnings Waipapa to reprint your receipt, and I'll send it through to you. I'll reach out via private message for further details, and we can go from there. 

Mitchell

Carold
Getting Established

After several days of poring through electronic bank statements across several accounts I found the receipt dating back to November ‘22. And received a replacement machine! 

In November ‘22 I purchased a weed/grass trimmer kit with a 5year warranty. January ‘24 it just stopped. 

I contacted Bunnings Workshop. Mitchell over several days persevered with me to locate the receipt of purchase, worked through a process until FINALLY today I received a replacement machine. 

Many thanks Bunnings and in particular Mitchell. Now to get home (an hour away) to do my weedeating and lawns! 

Happy New Year 2024 everyone! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects