Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Paving & sealant?

Gillgirl
Building a Reputation

Paving & sealant?

91CB62D9-B1A2-493D-96D7-938B2A7AB2DB.jpeg

6AFECFA7-0326-4160-802C-5C1D3239B746.jpeg

  

Hi all

just finished another project and need some advice?

my husband and I lifted all the old pavers as they were sinking. We bought 4 tons of sand and filled in and relaid all the pavers on the other side of original site. Now finished laying the pavers again ( used original ones as they were all whole and too expensive to buy new ones) anyway now about to use polymer sand to finish off and wondering if we need to seal the relaid pavers? The original ones were never sealed but got quite dirty over time (10 years) but not sure if that was just a weather issue or is sealing a must? Any advice very welcome!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Paving & sealant?

Hi @Gillgirl,

Fantastic job, I'm sure that was some backbreaking work! You can certainly seal sandstone pavers with a product like Feast Watson 4L Paving And Sandstone Sealer which will assist in stopping stains and dirt penetrating their surface. I'd give them a good wash first with an outdoor cleaner similar to 30 Seconds 5L Outdoor Cleaner Concentrate and preferably a high-pressure cleaner. This will ensure no contaminants are trapped under the sealing coat.

Let me mention @Adam_W and @Yorky88 to see if they would like to give us their opinions on sealing vs not sealing. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects