Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Please help my lawn

dan76
Just Starting Out

Please help my lawn

image.jpg

 I live in Saratoga where the lawn is always damp.. hence the moss growing on top of the soil.. plus clover weed has taken over & it just looks horrible.. can someone tell me the best way of getting my lawn back pls???

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: pls help my lawn

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @dan76. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

You mention "getting your lawn back" which would infer you once had a lawn that was in a reasonable condition. If so, what has changed since then as I would imagine the dampness would be consistent? It would be great to establish if the issue is the dampness or whether your lawn just needs maintenance.

I would advise you to start with allowing the excess water to drain away. This would be done by aerating the lawn and filling those holes with Bastion 20kg River Sand. This will allow a route for water to drain through as the ground appears rather compacted which is possibly due to standing water in the area. Once you have completed the aeration you should apply Hortico 25 Lawn Top-dress Mix and then re-seed or lay turf.

Here's a couple of helpful step-by-step D.I.Y. videos on How to grow lawn from seed and How to lay instant turf which I trust you'll find of assistance in this process. 

You might be interested in reading through these discussions-

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects