Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Raised garden planter

Nham
Becoming a Leader

Raised garden planter

20211017_104207.jpeg

Hi everyone, my wife saw this at Bunnings for about $30 and we had some herbs to transplant from the garden. We got the orange one, just to have some colour. There are some drainage holes at the bottom of each leg, but I made an additional 6 drain holes in the main base. For the legs, I placed small pebbles at the bottom for drainage and filled up each leg with sugar cane mulch. Garden mix went into the main compartment (2/3 thirds filled). The Italian parsley and mint were transplanted from the garden, and sugar cane mulch was added to the surface. Gave it a good watering and moved it into a sunny position.

Nothing beats fresh parsley in a bowl of pasta:-)

Nice and bright planterNice and bright planterDrainage holesDrainage holesParsley being move to a new homeParsley being move to a new homeReady to mulch and waterReady to mulch and water

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Raised garden planter

What a fantastic idea @Nham! I trust it must be reasonably lightweight, enabling you to easily move it to any desired location around the garden.

Many thanks for sharing. You'll need to keep us updated on the progress of the herbs.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects