Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sloped garden transformation

CatB222
Growing in Experience

Sloped garden transformation

IMG20220725153704.jpg

Finished project - a 6 X 4 m area of flat grass. I also found a second hand set of sliding stackers which replaced the old style garage door (perfect for it's current use as an artist's studio).

20210131_155738.jpg

After years of neglect, this area was overgrown with weeds. I have not flat grass area for the kids to play so wanted to transform this area.

20210207_150501.jpg

I used black Retain-iT posts to support the sleepers.

20210213_065508.jpg

I managed to find free fill which was delivered.

20210214_163914.jpg

After many wheelbarrow loads, I was able to level the soil ready to lay Sir Walter grass (perfect for the shady area). I also made sure I created some decent drainage.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Sloped garden transformation

Hello @CatB222

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's terrific to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your sloped garden transformation project.

It's great that you've mentioned drainage as it was one of the things that came to mind when I saw your flattened slope. That area looks fantastic, you wouldn't be able to tell that this area used to be a slope. I'm sure your kids will appreciate this flat area and turn it into a playground in no time.

How many sleepers did you end up using? Did you run into any challenges while you were fixing the area? 

Any extra information you can share about your garden project would be very much appreciated.

Again, thank you for sharing your sloped garden project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects