Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Stone pathway filler?

sheri
Just Starting Out

Stone pathway filler?

Hi all! What do you think would be a good filler between my stone footpath in my vegetable garden? I'm looking for something soft, like some form of moss or grass that is durable and easy to care for.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Stone pathway filler?

Hello @sheri

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's awesome to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about putting in a filler for your stone pathway.

If you wish to put in turf, I suggest using Sir Walter DNA Certified Soft Leaf Buffalo Turf Slab. It comes in slabs and is easy to cut to size. Buffalo Turf is easy to maintain and will grow in either sun or shade. Your other option is to use pebbles they are very low maintenance and can be easily raked to arrange them in place. I would give Moss a pass as it will become a slipping hazard if the moss starts to grow on the stone.

Let me tag our experienced members @Adam_W, @Noelle, and @BradN for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Stone pathway filler?

Hi @sheri 

Good advice from Eric, as always. Turf or pebbles are the best options. Moss is not only slippery but doesn't like heat or sun exposure so will probably never live up to your expectations.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects