Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Trike pot plant holder

Madmoggy
Having an Impact

Trike pot plant holder

I’ve made two of these one I left bare treated pine and this one that I wanted to tart up a bit. The wheels are made by using the two biggest hole saws I had. The hubs were made with a small one. Then I just drilled holes right through the hub and glued 6mm dowel in. When dry I cut the dowels to fit the rim and glued them to the rim with Shelley’s exterior pva glue. The planter box and frame I just made wi5h scraps. There’s a single wooden strip as a rear axle with the wheels simply screwed onto the ends. The frames I just made up the shape and screwed it onto the box and then made a handle bar and forks with other scrap stuff running a 5 mm bolts through as an axle for the front wheel. Then some painting ….. a rustoleum primer and rustoleum poppy red and silver with flat black water based Splashes for the tyres. A silver headlight it only needs a bell 🔔  it’s fairly small and is suitable for a succulent or maybe lobelia or osteospernum from the Bunnings nursery. Go here for the video that I based mine on in this version the front wheel is fixed but my grand daughter wanted all wheels moving ❤️ https://images.app.goo.gl/jLxU6TmSrXqM8GNV6

43648FFF-7E01-4EF3-A650-6937ED7AFEAC.jpeg

63A4842A-06F7-4780-A4F3-AFAF3BE0ED37.jpeg8925CBEF-9F27-424B-B3C3-16D0F4029983.jpeg06150945-B101-468C-84D6-A422A80C52E7.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: trike pot plant holder

Hi @Madmoggy

That is truly a clever creation. I'm very impressed with how you constructed the wheels. I may have to update my hole saw set with something a bit bigger. This will look even more fantastic once you've placed a plant in it. 

Thank you so much for sharing the details of your beautiful project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects