Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Update on my summer veggies

Andy_J
Building a Reputation

Update on my summer veggies

Hello Everyone,

Summer is almost over and I just wanted to share some photographs of my summer harvest. 

I had four types of peas and beans and while I had a good harvest, I have unfortunately not taken any photographs.

Below are photographs from today's harvest.

101 Apricots101 ApricotsChecking my eggplantChecking my eggplantA whopper eggplantA whopper eggplantToday's harvestToday's harvestA little over a kilo..A little over a kilo..

Stay safe and happy gardening 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Update on my summer veggies

That's certainly a fantastic crop you've achieved there @Andy_J. Those eggplants are amazing! I am very envious, as I wouldn't say I've been that successful.

Are there any tips or tricks about your growing method you'd like to share with our community members, as I trust your bounty will be of great inspiration?

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Andy_J
Building a Reputation

Hi Mitchell,

I guess I have been lucky. I was able to find a ton of earthworms near my fence and helped them to my veggie patch.

Apart from this, regular cleaning, trimming decayed / dead leaves, and a couple of pots of marigold nearby would have contributed to the harvest.

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

What is your secret for protecting your apricots from birds @Andy_J

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects