Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Veggie harvest from raised garden bed

Andy_J
Building a Reputation

Veggie harvest from raised garden bed

Further to my previous post on the veggie patch, I have successfully harvest a bunch of veggies including spinach, lettuce, peas, dill and now cauliflower. raised bedraised bedspinach and peasspinach and peascauliflower growing wellcauliflower growing wellharvested carrots. guess they do like replantingharvested carrots. guess they do like replantingbroccolini and spinachbroccolini and spinachcabbage and cauliflowercabbage and cauliflowerbroccolini harvestbroccolini harvestCauliflower harvest.. really pleased with this..Cauliflower harvest.. really pleased with this..lettucelettuce

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Veggie harvest from raised garden bed

Fantastic work @Andy_J, many thanks for sharing your harvest. I'm sure it will inspire others. There's so much interest in growing your own food at the moment!

You might like to start a new discussion about how to grow straight carrots as I think it's been a while since it was covered on the site. 

What are you planting for summer?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Andy_J
Building a Reputation

Thanks Jason.

I have sown beet roots and basil seeds and the seedling are are almost ready to be transplanted in the veggie patch.

I have planted 3 different types of tomatoes in pots. This will be first time for me to use pots.

Waiting for chilly and eggplant seedlings for a few weeks now. Fingers crossed.

I have planted sweetcorn and sunflower as a first project in the ground. 

I guess I need deeper raised beds to get straight carrots. Will start a thread to get some feedback. May try to plant carrots in pots.

More soon and happy gardening..

Very nice work there @Andy_J . 👍

Nothing better than harvesting the fruits (or veg 😉) of your labour.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Andy_J,

I'd be interested in a discussion about growing straight carrots. Most of the carrots I've grown look similar to the two pictured on the left. Very stumpy and almost deformed. I'm wondering if they were just pulled too early as the longer I wait the straighter they seem to become. Either way, I'd be keen to hear what our community members thoughts are on the subject.

Many thanks for your update.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Andy_J
Building a Reputation

Thanks Rattle

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects