Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Veggie patch for rented house

Beatrice
Just Starting Out

Veggie patch for rented house

Hi, I am looking for ideas to create a portable veggie patch to set up on a rented property,

Thank you in advance.

Grub80
Making a Splash

Re: Veggie patch for rented house

Hi @Beatrice, portable veggie growing is easy. Some of my veggies grow in big pot, some in milk containers, some in raised beds, some in tubs. All you need is to make sure that the containers you use have drainage holes in them, good quality soil, water and fertiliser, and of course a bit of TLC. All my strawberries are grown in tubs purchased to hold drinks in, they are great as strawberries as the do not need deep soil. I grow all my potatoes in large pots as well. Although I have permanent beds, most gardeners will have some form of portable containers. Good luck with yours.

I use these to grow potatoesI use these to grow potatoes

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Veggie patch for rented house

Hi @Beatrice,

Welcome to the Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us. 

Being in a rental is certainly no impediment to growing your own veggies. @Grub80 has given some great advice and I would also direct you to all the raised garden beds available at Bunnings. Of course, you could also build your own. Just let us know if you need a hand with anything - we're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects