Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Vertical herb garden on reo

Karl1
Cultivating a Following

Vertical herb garden on reo

Hanging brackets & pots for our herbs to grow.Hanging brackets & pots for our herbs to grow.Herb Wall 2.jpgHerb Wall 1.jpgChalk Board 1.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Vertical Herb Garden on Reo

Hello @Karl1

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your vertical herb garden on rio.

What an amazing and clever project. Using the Everhang 100 x 6.2mm Zinc Plt Square Hook - 6 Pack to keep the Whites 1800 x 1050 x 5mm Light Duty Reo Mesh off the wall and prevent it from staining it. What kind of post did you use for the assembly? Will you be adding more pots to the assembly? Any tips and advice you can share about your project would be much appreciated.

Again, thank you so much for sharing and we look forward to seeing your next project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DollyDuncan
Finding My Feet

Re: Vertical herb garden on reo

Wow that looks GREAT!!!
What is the hedge here?
It looks great too ❤️

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @DollyDuncan

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us.

It's great that the vertical herb garden project has inspired you. Let me tag @Karl1 so that they are made aware of your question. Are you planning your own herb garden project? I'm sure our members would be more than happy to provide advice and information should you need it. Any updates you can provide would be much appreciated.

Eric

Karl1
Cultivating a Following

Herb Wall 4.jpg

Thanks Eric, I used 100x100mm 2.4M H4 treated pine posts, anchored with 20mm dynabolts into the wall, painted with Taubmans exterior black paint. All sourced from Bunnings! Here's a current photo where we've added another pot, while it doesn't sit right with my symmetrical brain, we're trying to get the transplanted chilli plant to take & hope it grows up the frame (not as good at gardening as I am at building though! lol). The reo has started to rust which looks cool. 

Karl1
Cultivating a Following

@DollyDuncan 

thank you! It's a viburnum hedge. Looks beautiful & grows like crazy but they need a lot of water. Another SUPER cool thing was taking cuttings from this hedge & using them to propagate (with stuff also bought at Bunnings!) to grow an approx 10m hedge down the other side of my property. For the price per plant spacing them at 300mm = $$$$$. So propagating is WAY cheaper. If you're near Camden NSW, I'd happily leave a bag of cuttings out the front if you'd like (contactless of course).

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Wonderful project, @Karl1!

Many thanks for the additional information; it'll really help our members recreate your amazing work in their own backyards.

Looking forward to your next project.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects