Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What battery powered lawn mower do you recommend?

bunnymama
Just Starting Out

What battery powered lawn mower do you recommend?

Hi I recently moved into my house and have never mowed grass before. Can someone help identify what type of grass I have and what battery powered lawn mower would be a good recommendation. I have attached a photo of the grass that I have. 

Thank you

1000013375.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What battery powered lawn mower do you recommend?

Hello @bunnymama 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about what battery powered mower to get.

One of the key factors in choosing a battery powered mower is the area. I suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to choose a cordless lawn mower. The guide will give you an idea of the things you need to take into consideration when choosing a battery powered mower.

Battery powered mowers will sometimes have an area coverage printed on their box which tells you how much grass it can cut on a full charge. Now it will depend on how you mow, and the condition of the lawn. On overgrown lawn will take more time and power to mow down. Whereas a well-maintained lawn will not put a great deal of stress on the mower allowing you to go further.

If you can tell us the approximate size of your lawn. We'll be more than happy to make recommendations on what mower model will work for you and your lawn.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your response.

The lawn size is only approximately 40m2.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @bunnymama 

Since the area is not that big, I suggest having a look at the Ryobi One+ 18V 4.0Ah 33cm Cordless Lawn Mower Kit. This kit already includes the battery and charger. The great thing about getting the Ryobi One+ is that its battery system fits all the tools that are in the One+ range. This includes drills, sanders and circular saw. 

On page four of the owner's manual, you'll see the estimated coverage of the mower. You'll also see excellent suggestions on the best way to cut your lawn. I've placed a table below to give you an idea of what the coverage will be.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Thank you for your help, I wil go with your recommendation.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @bunnymama 

Please remember to take a photo of your docket or ask for a digital receipt to be sent to your phone. Please don't forget to register your lawn mower on the Ryobi website for your warranty.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects