Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is this hole in the lawn?

AnndyRy
Just Starting Out

What is this hole in the lawn?

Woke up this morning to see this hole in my lawn. Seems quite deep. Can only see one of this. Can anyone help please? Posting a pic alongside a yoghurt tub for size reference. Thanks in advance!

Andy

IMG_20221105_111126.jpg

IMG_20221105_111249.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Hole in Lawn

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @AnndyRy. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about holes in your lawn.

If it's just one hole, then no need for alarm. It could be any number of creatures. Please have a look at the previous discussions I've listed below. You'll note the ongoing theme that due to the number of critters that can make this style of hole, there are no real concrete answers. Typically it will remain a mystery unless you can catch the culprit in the act. I suspect that whatever it was, it needed to escape the waterlogged soil. Or, if you have them in your area, it could be a bandicoot looking for a tasty meal.

Sorry that I can't give you an exact answer, but I'm sure if any of our helpful members have noticed the same style hole, they'll chime in.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects