Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is this plant that smells like Jasmine?

nagumuthu
Making a Splash

What is this plant that smells like Jasmine?

Hello Members,

While walking came across a plant (Photographs attached) that flavors like Jasmine.

Smells like Jasmine (2).jpegSmells like Jasmine (3).jpegSmells like Jasmine (1).jpeg

May you please share the name of the plant and where can I purchase it from.

Many thanks.

M.Muthu

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is this plant that smells like Jasmine?

Hi @nagumuthu

After a quick google search, it appears to be a Honeysuckle. A vigorous-growing species with long-tubed fragrant white flowers that attract birds.  A twining climber, honeysuckle requires support and can grow up to 30 feet. It grows well in sun or partial shade.

We have a couple of varieties available: 140mm Firecracker Honeysuckle - Lonicera heckrotii and 140mm Japanese Honeysuckle - Lonicera japonica you might need to check them out to see if they have the same distinct Jasmine like smell similar to the one you had seen.    

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello Mitchell,

Thanks for search made on the plant and glad on that.

The link(s) on your email brings me to https://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range and stops there.

Searching the name of the plants on bunnings portal does not provide any results.

Should I approach the counter directly for the plant?

Thanks

M.Muthu.

@nagumuthu,

Yes, we would encourage you to visit your local Bunnings store and enquire in the nursery section about their range of Honeysuckle plants.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects