Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What plants to use to recreate this German garden?

tremas
Building a Reputation

What plants to use to recreate this German garden?

20231012_125937.jpg

I recently saw this garden in Germany and would like to try recreate something similar in my backyard. Grateful for any suggestions on what plants to use. Im open to planting in pots or in the ground.

Thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Garden to recreate

Hi @tremas,

I can see some Dahlias, Gaura, and some ornamental grasses. You might also like to sow some of these Mr Fothergill's Cottage Garden Mix Flower Seeds as they'll infill the garden and keep it on theme.

Here's a handy guide: How to create a cottage garden. Do you have a prepared area set out for the garden bed? You might also like to post some images of the area you have in mind, as I'm sure our helpful members will have some ideas on how to replicate this look.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Garden to recreate

Beautiful Garden @tremas looks like Purple Fountain Grass, Dahlias, Pink Gauras. Basically a mix of ornamental grasses and cottage garden plants. Yes you can easily recreate this in your own garden if you have a nice sunny position. 
I would recommend when you have time, pop into your local Bunnings store and have a chat to the horticulturists there about what you would love to create at home. There are many different cottage plants you can grow, it’s endless. Good luck and keep in touch 🪴😃

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects