Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

When to feed buffalo lawn all year round

Ibanezps10
Just Starting Out

When to feed buffalo lawn all year round

Hi all
I have buffalo lawn and last winter had trouble in patches with the lawn not growing well. When should I feed it over the year? I use buffalo booster.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: When to feed buffalo lawn all year round

Welcome to Workshop @Ibanezps10. We're pleased to have you join the community.

Have you seen this discussion on tips for keeping your lawn looking good? As members have shared, autumn is a great time to give your lawn some attention, with feeding and aerating the soil to help strengthen the grass before the cold weather is upon us. 

Where are you based? I'm sure the Workshop community will be keen to share their tips with you to help keep your lawn looking good all year round.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mick
Cultivating a Following

Some buffalo lawns are prone to going a bit brown over winter in a colder climate - they naturally go dormant. Whereabouts are you? But if its a healty lawn before winter arrives its less likely. Do fertilise regularly and make sure it includes trace elements but also make sure you don't use too much. At this time of year you'll want to look for a winter fertiliser. You'll want to use some now and then again in a couple of months. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ibanezps10,

Hope you found the lawn care tips helpful. How is your grass looking now? 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects