Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

When to plant vegetables?

AnitaNepal
Just Starting Out

When to plant vegetables?

I am new to gardening and do not know the months for sowing different vegatables. I have a huge back and front yard which I would like to utilise. My friend said Bunnings had a leaflet sort that had information of  when to grow what. Any suggestions?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: When to plant vegetables?

Hi @AnitaNepal,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us. I'm sure our ever-helpful members will be more than happy to assist with tips on growing vegetables in your garden. 

Where are you based? Let us know and we would be more than happy to assist.

You can also check out Garden Corner on the Bunnings website for planting advice tailored to your area and climate.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Vegetable sowing and planting

Hello @AnitaNepal

Before you begin your vegetable farm, I suggest thinking about the layout of your garden. For example, if you are thinking of planting tomatoes you'll need a climbing frame for them. What about leafy vegetables, you might need to make a protective cover for them to prevent insects and vermin from chewing on them. A little bit of planning will help you organize your vegetables. 

Here are some handy step-by-step guides:

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular raised garden beds

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects