Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Why are my Lilly Pillies dying?

katrina2391
Just Starting Out

Why are my Lilly Pillies dying?

We planted our Lilly pillies around a year ago and they are all flourishing now it is spring again.. although one of the plants seems to be having a hard time and appears to be dying 

please help!! 

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Why are my Lilly Pillies dying?

Hello @katrina2391 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's splendid to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your Lily Pilly.

I'm sorry to hear that your Lilly Pilly is not in the best of health. Looking at the photo you posted it seems like several things are happening to it all at the same time. The pattern of the drying brown leaves indicate dehydration while the eating pattern on it looks like insects have been feasting on it. The other leaves appear to be wilting with a hint of curling occurring, but this could be caused by the drying effect.

In order for us to diagnose what's happening to your plant, can you please tell us your watering schedule and has the plant been recently fertilized? Can you please check the bottom of the plant and see if soil is water-logged. I suggest digging near the root of the plant and see if the soil is wet underneath. I also recommend checking the bottom of the leaves and the trunk and see if there are any insects or caterpillars.

Are the symptoms only happening to this plant or is it happening around the others? Any other information you can share about the plant would be very useful. Once we have more information our members will be able to give you a better diagnosis.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Why are my Lilly Pillies dying?

Hi @katrina2391,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

As per Eric's reply, we look forward to receiving a little more detail about your plant and it's growing conditions so we can assist further. 

You might also be interested in this helpful article How to grow and care for lilly pilly by the Bunnings team. Our guide How to choose a screening plant also contains tips on caring for screening plants.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects