Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

lemon leaves

gore
Building a Reputation

lemon leaves

IMG_20200529_095936.jpg

IMG_20200529_095918.jpg

IMG_20200529_095957.jpg

 I bought 1 yr before this plant.there was 2 lemons and small  other fruits.once it spoiled it doesn't have fruits on it.i see some leaves on it now and worry when it start to give lemon on it.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: lemon leaves

Hi @gore,

Those holes look potentially like a chewing insect, but I am not sure if they are associated with the curled leaf condition. Let me mention one of our very knowledgable members @Noelle to see if she might be able to enlighten us on the affliction.

Can I also ask if you have fertilised recently at all and if so what did you use?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
gore
Building a Reputation

I added some potting mix only

dirtygardener
Building a Reputation

Hi Gore

Looks like Citrus Leaf Miner. They lay eggs and the larvae burrow into the leaves causing the silvery trails and holes. Eventually the leaves curl up. They particularly like potted citrus.

To treat, remove all damaged leaves and dispose. Then spray with a pest oil spray. Spray early in the morning when beneficial insects are still in bed so that they aren't affected.

Then give your plant a feed with some Seasol for a little boost.

Good luck!

Hi @gore 

I agree with both @MitchellMc and @dirtygardener .  The holes look like a chewing pest maybe even caterpillars while the curled leaves with their markings on the young leaves are certainly symptomatic of citrus leaf miner.

A spray of eco Oil or Pest Oil over the whole tree, including the undersides of the leaves, would be beneficial,. as @dirtygardener has outlined. This will assist in control of chewing and leaf mining pests.

gore
Building a Reputation

Thank you everybody for yours great feedback and i did already as you guys said.thank you once again.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects