Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

pallet fence garden

Tinyfeather60
Growing in Experience

pallet fence garden

What type of hooks or how do you attach / hang a pallet on a fence to make a garden 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: pallet fence garden

Hi @Tinyfeather60,

What type of fence do you have? If it is a timber fence I believe the easiest option would be to screw a four Zenith 90 x 6mm Stainless Steel Ceiling Screw Hooks into the top horizontal timber beam of the fence. The top rear board of the pallet could be placed over the hooks to hold the pallet in place. Before placing the pallet on the fence you might like to drive some additional screws through the top board and into the frame of the pallet. This will ensure the board is not pulled off from the additional weight of the garden.

Alternatively, you could screw through the rear boards of the pallet directly into the fence.

You should find these step-by-step tutorials helpful: D.I.Y pallet vertical planter and D.I.Y Pallet Herb Planter

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tinyfeather60
Growing in Experience

Re: pallet fence garden

Thanks for that went to Bunnings today spent more than I was going to as usual lol 😂 but oh well better spent there got some bugle screws going to attach it with those it will be fine I think

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects