Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Apartment kitchen renovation

Fabio
Getting Established

Apartment kitchen renovation

Cheap DYI kitchen renovation. Replaced tiled splashback by acrylic splashbacks (no tiling skills necessary), replaced old tap by "Transformer" mixer tap, replaced old benches and curtains, painted cabinet doors white and added handles, painted walls and installed floating floor boards on top of old vinyl floor, also replaced old cooktop.

New renovated kitchen.New renovated kitchen.Old kitchen.Old kitchen.

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Apartment kitchen renovation

Hi @Fabio,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is great you have joined us and shared your kitchen reno with us. This is a fantastic kitchen and might make it into our Top 10 most popular kitchens. If you ever need assistance with the website please reach out. 

You have done such a great job, I really thought you were going to write that you bought new cabinets too! Did you sand or prime them to get such a nice finish? Any words of advice for those looking to update their own kitchen?

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Fabio
Getting Established

Hi Katie, thanks for the kind words. Yes, I did sand and prime the cabinets using Dulux Cabinet primers, paints and finishing coat. It was hard work, had to remove all cabinet doors, sand, prime and paint them, do the same with the outside of the cabinets that were attached to the wall and, once everything was finished, put all back together. But it was very cheap, basically only the paint cost and other consumables (sanding paper, paint brush, etc), and my time, of course. But I was very happy with the result.

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @Fabio,

Your hard work really paid off! Thank you for the additional advice and project process, you have done a great job. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects