Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Benchtop dishwasher sink adaptor

Charles1
Just Starting Out

Benchtop dishwasher sink adaptor

I'm looking to purchase a benchtop dishwasher. Since were in lockdown its difficult to see what sort sink tap adaptors to choose from and the right fitting. 
If someone can please assist and provide me the links to but the correct ones would be great! 
I'm looking at the Esatto EBTDW2D Benchtop Dishwasher
https://www.bunnings.com.au/esatto-60cm-benchtop-dishwasher-ebtdw2d_p0282530   
As seen in the instructions manual 

Charles1_0-1633255853395.png1.8CM Diameter1.8CM DiameterPXL_20211003_095745435.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bench Top Dishwasher Sink Adaptor

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Charles1. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question on connecting a benchtop dishwasher.

You might be interested in reading through these previous discussions on the topic:

This dishwasher is designed to screw onto a 3/4 inch threaded tap. Your sink tap does not have that sized thread.

If you'd like to be able to disconnect the dishwasher quickly, then once the aerator is removed, install a Pope Indoor Tap Adaptor onto the end of the tap. Screw a Nylex 12mm Brass Sprinkler Adaptor into the end of your dishwasher hose. A Holman 12mm Double Ended Hose Connector will join the two male connectors. The Pope Indoor Tap Adaptor has a clip that allows you to quickly disconnect the fitting and hose from your tap. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell

we have an older style tap and hoping for advice on what options there might be for a diverter or adapter for a standard dishwasher threaded joiner

5302D21E-29DF-4A60-AF95-2C51C85B3B97.jpeg

I bought this adapter but the angle of the tap won’t allow it to seal properly so looking for an alternate. Thanks

324BACA4-9142-4A06-89E5-A0F811DB1F17.jpeg

Sorry. Should be clear that it is the tap in the foreground. The other one was from a tank that is no longer connected

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @DebEee 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your dishwasher sink adaptor.

Your adaptor has been designed to fit a very specific outlet spout, the easiest way to remedy the situation is to replace the spout with a Shaw & Mason WELS 3 Star 9L/min Chrome Plated Wall Cast Sink Spout. This has the same shape as the outlet spout of the basin on your packaging.

Generally, you'll need a wrench to hold on to the body of the spout and turn anti-clockwise. There is no need to worry about water coming out as long as you have the hot and cold taps turned off. Once the old spout has been taken off, clean the brass outlet nipple on the wall by removing the old tape that has been wrapped around it. Put new plumber's tape on at least 4 rounds clockwise.

Get the new spout and slowly mount it on the thread of the nipple, keep turning by hand until it becomes tight. The last turn must end with the base of the spout as close as possible to the wall and with the outlet facing in the right direction.

You can now get your outlet adapter and test it on the new kitchen spout. 

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your tapware.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects