Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Benchtop dishwasher tap connections

MinB
Building a Reputation

Benchtop dishwasher tap connections

I am considering buying a benchtop dishwasher, but am not sure what is currently available so as to connect the hose to the kitchen tap. 

5 years ago (YouTube video) a person could buy two parts to make that connection: a) Sink Tap Click On and b) NYLEX brass sprinkler adapter.

Bunnings seems to not sell either anymore.

IMAGES BELOW:

1) MY KITCHEN TAP: Is this ideal for a dishwasher hose to be attached and also easy enough to take the aerator off?

2) TAP CONNECTIONS YOUTUBE: 

This is what BUNNINGS sold 5 years ago so are these still available or is something else now in their place?

3) HOSE HOLDER(?): What is holding this hose up? Does Bunnings sell anything like this, also, a contraption that can keep the drain hose fixed to the sink area whilst the dishwasher is on. 

The USA has this fantastic 3 in one tap connector that is a part of the dishwasher components/parts/kit when sold and it is such a shame that is not available here as it keeps the drain hose in place to face down the sink plus you can press a red button so as to get a glass of water etc.

Anyways, to reiterate, what is available now so that I can attach the hose to the kitchen tap? Don't want to buy anything if it is going to be a hassle getting tap connection parts.

Thanks!

IMG_20210213_035957.jpg

Screenshot_20210213_041329.jpg

Screenshot_20210213_032734.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Benchtop DishWasher Tap Connections & Other...

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @MinB. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your questions.

You should find it a reasonably easy conversion to adapt the dishwasher hose to your taps aerator connection. 

To establish a quick-connect system so you can easily remove the hose, I would suggest you start by unscrewing the aerator. You can use an adjustable wrench for this and you'll grip the aerator on the two flat sides. Once the aerator is removed, install a Pope Indoor Tap Adaptor onto the end of the tap. Then screw a Nylex 12mm Brass Sprinkler Adaptor into the end of your dishwasher hose. A Holman 12mm Double Ended Hose Connector will join the two male connectors. The Pope Indoor Tap Adaptor has a clip that allows you to quickly disconnect the fitting and hose from your tap. 

It appears your image depicts a broom holder which is holding the hose in place.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MinB
Building a Reputation

Thanks so much, but what a lot of parts needed. What happened to just two?

Wish it was just what was sold 5 years ago. Wow! 

Appreciated but it should be fuss free as possible - not this and that to make what should really be one simple connection.

This concerns me as well about the NYLEX sprinkler option and POPE adaptor:

NYLEX:

Screenshot_20210213_164754.jpg

POPE ADAPTOR:

Screenshot_20210213_165653.jpg

Bunnings should actually be supplying one suitable component with it being the only main Hardware store nationwide.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @MinB,

You might like to check out the other sprinkler adaptors that are available instead. Perhaps the Nylex 12mm British Sprinkler Adaptor? The Pope Indoor Tap Adaptor is suitable for taps with M22 x 1 female and M24 x 1 male threads, so it would be best to measure your tap once you have removed the aerator.

Mitchell

MinB
Building a Reputation

@MitchellMc

Thanks yet again.👍

Found the type of hose the dishwasher will have that I'm leaning towards - this is the actual hose:

Screenshot_20210213_205721.jpg

Maybe what it is close up but am not 100% certain:

Screenshot_20210213_211008.jpg

In addition, Im wondering if

the item below might actually work and if Bunnings has something like it in stock.

Diverter/Splitter contraption that has water going in one way only with two outlets and a switch to change from one to the other.

The tap is a different style in the picture and could be wider where the aerator is located. Hoping most are generally the same universal size though.

The dishwasher hose as I understand it fits something like a washing machine tap...right? 

So, I looked at the washing machine and fittings to see what was what.

Would this be fine?

M24 outer thread although no idea how that factors in.

Screenshot_20210213_232205.jpg

Screenshot_20210213_233032.jpg

Screenshot_20210213_233343.jpg

Screenshot_20210213_232035.jpg

Found something!

Would this be it from Bunnings and would it work by itself or would something else be needed for the hose to fit?

Screenshot_20210214_021622.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @MinB,

The Kinetic Chrome Handspray Diverter has a 1/2 inch female BSP fitting for the inlet. You'd need to remove your aerator off the tap to see if it has a 1/2 inch male BSP fitting to suit.

As per my post above, the Pope Indoor Tap AdaptorHolman 12mm Double-Ended Hose Connector and Nylex 12mm British Sprinkler Adaptor  will allow you to connect that standard type of dishwasher hose to your tap.

Please allow me until after the weekend, and I'll make enquiries to see if we can special order the Handi Home Click On Tap Accessory for you. That will allow you to connect with two products instead of three.

Mitchell

MinB
Building a Reputation

@MitchellMc 

Great job! Seen others mention that it is not in Bunnings or other hardware stores like small local ones.

Found that item you mentioned and have ordered it.

Still need a few things from Bunnings, however, so will get those there. E.g. Broom holder.

What is the other thing I will need for this dishwasher to tap connection?

Screenshot_20210214_214609.jpg

Thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It appears the Handi Homes click-on kit has everything you need to connect your dishwasher to your tap @MinB. There is a possibility that you might need the Nylex 12mm British Sprinkler Adaptor as it is not clear if the parts included in the kit will fit your hose.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I've received feedback from our supplier Icon plastic about the Handi Homes sink tap click-on @MinB. For the benefit of others that read this discussion, they are no longer available for us to order.

Please let me know if you have further questions or run into any difficulties with your installation.

Mitchell

MinB
Building a Reputation

@MitchellMc

Thanks for all your help and pointing me in the right direction.

Have screen printed the last suggestion above and have added it to what I need to get from Bunnings.

Shame your stores can no longer stock or buy the Handi Home Sink Tap Connector.

What I have read and learned over the last few days is that tap connection parts for Benchtop dishwashers is getting harder and harder to get in Australia.

USA has no issue whatsoever and everything  is included with the purchase of the dishwasher.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects