Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Butchers block/island bench made from hardwood pallets

dean
Building a Reputation

Butchers block/island bench made from hardwood pallets

This is my latest creation, again created with spotted gum. I have left this one a little more rustic, leaving some bumps and inconsistencies. Once we update the 80's pine kitchen lol, it should stand out more. I have again, like my table, used linseed oil and cabinet makers wax to finish. 

20191001_205553.jpg20191001_205539.jpg20191001_205613.jpg20191001_205635.jpg20191001_205801.jpg

Dean Macaw
Bundaboy
Having an Impact

Re: Butchers block/island bench made from hardwood pallets

Very nice indeed, well done.
Mathy
Becoming a Leader

It’s a lovely looking piece, beautifully finished piece of carpentry. I guess you’re going to use a chopping board on it? Just a mention, because technically those finishes are not food safe ? Cheers Deb :smile:

Bigbloke
Just Starting Out

Maybe add a vice for a workbench?
dean
Building a Reputation

Yeh it was only meant to be a bench. Even when we had a real chopping block, we still used a cutting board. Lol. 

Dean Macaw
dean
Building a Reputation

Could actually double for a work bench. 

Dean Macaw
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Bigbloke. Looking forward to reading about your own home improvement projects and plans. Feel free to post anytime you need assistance or have something to share. We have clever and creative members sharing fantastic advice and project inspiration every day here on Workshop. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
pat6711
Just Starting Out

Do you have any plans for this project and where or how do you get the pallets like that looks good .

Hi Dean, did you train in carpentry or are you naturally creative at this beautiful work.  Looove your table & drawers.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @22Jill,

Many thanks for joining in the discussion. I note that @dean recently said he has only just started woodworking in the last couple of months. I'm sure he appreciates your kind feedback about his fantastic work. Are you planning on making something similar? Our clever and creative members would certainly be happy to assist.

Welcome to Workshop. We trust you'll get loads of helpful advice and project inspiration from the community. Please post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. And please let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the site. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects