Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Butchers block/island bench made from hardwood pallets

dean
Building a Reputation

Butchers block/island bench made from hardwood pallets

This is my latest creation, again created with spotted gum. I have left this one a little more rustic, leaving some bumps and inconsistencies. Once we update the 80's pine kitchen lol, it should stand out more. I have again, like my table, used linseed oil and cabinet makers wax to finish. 

20191001_205553.jpg20191001_205539.jpg20191001_205613.jpg20191001_205635.jpg20191001_205801.jpg

Dean Macaw
dean
Building a Reputation

Re: Butchers block/island bench made from hardwood pallets

Hi @pat6711, i don't work with any plan, i sit and look at the wood, until i get an idea on how it will look once completed. The pallets are just old hardwood. You could upcylce any old hard wood to do this, as it is mostly mixed species Eucalyptus. Plain and sand them back. Once finished, Oil and wax. I use boiled linseed oil and cabinet makers wax, all bought from bunnings. 

Dean Macaw

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Azza_Man. I'm sure @dean appreciates the wonderful feedback. 

We look forward to reading about your own projects and plans. Feel free to post whenever you have something to share or need a hand with a project. We have amazing members sharing helpful advice and inspiring projects every day.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
dean
Building a Reputation

Thanks @Azza_Man.. 

Dean Macaw
Kate22
Just Starting Out

Hi Is this island bench for sale

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kate22. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

If you were interested in building your own version of this project, I trust @dean and our other helpful members would be more than happy to assist you with how to go about doing so.

We look forward to hearing about the projects you have going on around your house and garden and would encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something you want to share. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration for your projects as our fantastic members are always contributing their ideas.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects