Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I use this door for my pantry?

Glorz
Cultivating a Following

Can I use this door for my pantry?

Hi,

I love the look of the Hume clear glass entrance door. Is it possible to use it for my walk in pantry? 

Thank You

Screenshot_20231025-070535_Chrome.jpg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Can I use this door for my pantry?

That's a pretty door indeed, @Glorz

I'm sure our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be happy to provide his thoughts on using it for your walk-in pantry when he's back online tomorrow. Let me also tag @Renowayoflife@sjloves@Dave-1 and @Acewoodhome for their thoughts in the meantime.

While waiting, could I please request you to provide some images of your walk-in pantry so our members can provide more tailored advice that's better suited for your needs? Thank you.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Glorz,

It is a great looking door! 

Apologies that we don't have our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts on the site today. But kitchen guru @EricL will be back tomorrow and I'm sure will be happy to help. 

In the meantime, you might like to share the measurements of your walk-in pantry and perhaps even some photos of the space so Eric and other members can see what you are working with.

Thanks for your patience,

Jason

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @Glorz 

I like your idea! That would make it look inviting and also keep it seperate at the same time. 

Will wait to see if you can show us some photos from outside and also inside the pantry. I always end up with issues of space with the door swing, I usually want to use the space next to the door but when the door opens it blocks that particular area. Just something to factor in is all.

Welcome :smile: I am sure you will find so many ways of doing things in here.

Dave

Renowayoflife
Becoming a Leader

HI @Glorz ,

So exciting you're updating your pantry. I love the idea of a feature pantry door and if you have the space then go for it. I have linked a video to the new pantry doors we will be adding to our house below. I will be opening them out to maximise the internal space in the pantry. We widened the opening for them to fit but the minute I saw then I had to have them for our pantry.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyjkUajS3xp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Can't wait to see it finished.

Claire

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Glorz 

Using a clear glass door for your pantry is a fantastic idea! Have a quick look at these discussions - Butler's pantry makeover by @Acewoodhome and Queenslander kitchen makeover and pantry build by @Renowayoflife. These are amazing examples of clear glass type doors being used for walk-in-pantries. 

Would it be possible for you to post a few photos of the proposed pantry area? Can you also please tell us its size and shape? Our members can then assess its location. We can then offer recommendations on a possible layout for the pantry door. 

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

Acewoodhome
Building a Reputation

IMG_2855.jpeg

Absolutely!!! The door will look great and the glass door is a great choice for a pantry. We used something similar for ours, and it’s still one my favourite updates we have made to our kitchen, you won’t regret it 

Glorz
Cultivating a Following

@Acewoodhome 

Oh that is beautiful! May I ask where you got your door from?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Glorz 

Let me tag @Acewoodhome to make sure they are aware of your question. Just letting you know that Hume doors can be ordered in custom sizes. But I suggest measuring the door height and width you are after and bringing it to your local store's special orders desk and asking them for a quote. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Acewoodhome
Building a Reputation

@Glorz 
Thank you, we had it custom made through a local company 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects