Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you mix Ikea and Kaboodle kitchen cabinetry?

MikeOV
Just Starting Out

Can you mix Ikea and Kaboodle kitchen cabinetry?

Hi all,

Wife and I are doing a kitchen reno. We're loving some of the Ikea designs, but she is pretty devastated with the lack of Ikea cabinetry to suit a 900mm oven (she has her heart set on the increased size). 

Wondering if we could use the Kaboodle 900mm oven base cabinet, but potentially fix an Ikea front to it to match other drawers? Ikea can supply a 900mm wide panel to match. Has anyone else done this?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can you mix Ikea and Kaboodle kitchen cabinetry?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community and many thanks for your question @MikeOV. We are looking forward to seeing how your kitchen renovation comes together. 

Let me tag one of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts in @MitchellMc to assist you as soon as possible. I trust other experienced renovators in the community like @redbournreno and @homeinmelbourne might also like to join in the discussion and share their thoughts.

You might also like to share some photos of your space so members can see what you are working with. 

All the best,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @MikeOV,

Could you provide an image and dimensions of the Ikea panel you intend to use in combination with the Kaboodle 900mm over base cabinet? I'm not entirely clear on what panel you'd like to use. Typically a 900mm oven takes up the whole front of a 900mm oven base cabinet. There's no additional panel that is attached.

I'm keen to hear more about your project and assist.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redbournreno
Having an Impact

Hi MikeOV,

There is almost always some kind of trade off when purchasing flat pack kitchens, but the cost savings are usually well worth the effort or compromise. You will need to be very clear about what the dimensions are that you need around the front of the oven, and which oven your wife has decided on.  Lots of IKEA products are slightly different sizing than many Australian standards. Which IKEA door or panel were you considering? Everything can be cut, but the position of exposed edges can end up a problem - or if it is slightly too small for all exposed edges then you will see the melamine cabinet behind the panel.

You might need to ensure you cut the IKEA panels in such a way that the exposed cut slips behind the oven trim.

Best of luck.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects