Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Complete D.I.Y. kitchen makeover

hdmcclx
Getting Established

Complete D.I.Y. kitchen makeover

From an ugly and terribly laid out 80’s kitchen to a modern masterpiece. I stripped the old kitchen right down to the bare studs of the walls and built the new one from the ground up. Entirely DIY besides plumbing Plumbing and Electrical

Materials

Porters Paints Riverstone

Black gloss marble tiles

Arlec dotless LED Tape

3m Scotchblue Tape

CSR gyprock

Lifx Smartlights and switch

HPM Vivo switches

SIKA silicone, gap filler and liquid nails

Tools

Dewalt: Drills, Circular saws, Reciprocating saw, sander, router, table saw, grinders, multi tool

Paslode Framing and Trim nailer

Festool Mitre saw, Domino and vacuum

Steps

Step 1

Demolish old kitchen cabinets

IMG_3075.jpeg

Step 2

Remove old wall coverings (tiling, gyprock) and insulation. Run new power lines and plumbing

IMG_3088.jpeg

Step 3

Install new insulation and gyprock. Joint, sand, repeat

IMG_3142.jpeg

Step 4

Prime gyprock, install new door and window trim and custom cornice for LED Lighting

IMG_3155.jpeg

Step 5

Paint areas of walls that will be exposed (no tile or cabinets) and install upper cabinets

IMG_3163.jpeg

Step 6

Install lower cabinets, bench tops and finish painting trim etc ready for tiling

IMG_3173.jpeg

Step 7

Tile backsplash

IMG_3184.jpeg

Step 8

Install appliances and cupboard doors etc

IMG_3193.jpeg

Step 9

Custom wall LED lights, under cabinet lights, handles, tap, silicone, rollerblinds, filler covers between cabinets

IMG_3218.jpeg

Step 10

Upper and lower trim on wall cabinets. Skirting boards, feature wall, custom utensil cabinet

IMG_3422.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Complete DIY kitchen makeover!

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @hdmcclx. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

What a truly stunning transformation! I'm really in awe of what you achieved there. The choice of darker-toned cabinetry, wall paint and tiles, combined with the warmth of the timber bench and accents, really work well together. You've done a fabulous job, and I trust you are very pleased with your efforts.

Well done!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Prof
Becoming a Leader

Hey hdmcclx..

Cool kitchen man.!!! 😎

Prof...

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

@hdmcclx That looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing, great job 👏🏻 

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: Complete D.I.Y. kitchen makeover

Afternoon @hdmcclx 

The vertical timbers are what caught my eye and then the black drew me in :smile: Thats a nice kitchen you have built! I do like the black, Any particular reason you went with it? 

I was thinking of putting vertical timbers in my foyer at one point, these just really confim it looks like a good idea.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects