Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Dishwasher installation help wanted

ashbon
Just Starting Out

Dishwasher installation help wanted

Im renting and want to get a dishwasher tho there isn't any space to install one next to the sink, I was thinking a freestanding one would be best but not sure how to connect it up, is it possible to run the water hose ect under the cabinets where the kickboard is? 

IMG_20220706_124326.jpg

IMG20220706123847.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Dishwasher installation help wanted

Hello @ashbon

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's amazing to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about installing a dishwasher.

If you did run the hose under the kickboard it would be necessary to drill a hole into the bottom of the kitchen cabinet in order for you to hook up the plumbing. Passing the hoses at the bottom door of the sink would mean that the door would be permanently open because of the hoses. There is also the issue of not having a dishwasher tap under the sink.

Attaching the water inlet for the dishwasher to your kitchen tap is possible, but it would have to be from outside the cabinet. The problem is the exit pipe for the dishwasher. Technically it is only long enough to travel under the cabinet and attached to the dishwashing attachment of the waste pipe. You would need to have the dishwasher very close to the sink in order to point the exit pipe into the sink waste. 

A possible alternative to the freestanding dishwasher is an Everdure 55cm White Countertop Dishwasher. The conditions for having this dishwasher are that it will have to occupy space on your benchtop and it will have to be disconnected after every use.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dishwasher installation help wanted

Hi @ashbon,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community.

I hope you found Eric's reply helpful. I was also wondering whether you might have sufficient room for a benchtop dishwasher? If you search the community you'll find other members have gone with this option. 

Let us know if you need further assistance, we're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects